Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Writing Sprints!

I've had a tough time getting focused on writing. I spent all of December remodeling my kitchen. That translates to refinishing cabinets, getting new countertops and tiling my backsplash. Almost done. Had to wait on a backorder of my grout, but I can see the homestretch. But I have a goal of finishing my December Intrigue by the end of January. That's a tough one. I only had 3 chapters written as of last Friday!

So I've been doing writing sprints with my sister Delilah Devlin. We get on an IM chat and shame each other into writing! That is, it's a competitive thing. Write fast and furious for 45 minutes and report in the number of words completed. It's a challenge to see who can write the most words! And it's helped. I've completed four chapters in four days! Now I have to get to work on the next chapter! I'm headed to AIM to log in and start the race! Wish me luck!

No comments: